Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes
***Application Deadline extended to Friday, March 10, 2017***
Esol Education, in collaboration with Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes, invites exceptional students to attend a prestigious, two-week residential summer program at Stanford University, USA, for a challenging and engaging educational experience, and an excellent introduction to American college life.
“It gives a unique opportunity to come into contact with many individuals in both University and the Tech industry. They share with us their knowledge, skills and experience which are extreme useful in making life decisions. Their stories both inspire and guide us.” Singapore Student, 2014
Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes collaborate with top-tier high schools and educational organizations from around the world to bring groups of students to Stanford's campus. Students are selected by their schools based on criteria set forth by the International Institutes. The program seeks students who are passionate about learning, and who have an interest in gaining an international educational experience.
Motivated students who attend the Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes will be exposed to university level content and teaching style in a classroom that fosters communication, innovation, and creativity. The style of instruction is designed to foster a passion for intellectual pursuit and allows students to engage in a transformational educational experience. Students have the opportunity to interact with students from around the world for a culturally enriching experience.
"The highlight for me was getting to live around people studying or having graduated from Stanford, Harvard, and Yale... That, for me, is priceless because it means that I am one step closer to becoming like them." Cyprus Student, 2016
Age Range: 14 – 17 years of age
Course Dates: August 8 – 20, 2017
Course Fees: US$5600 (see FAQ below for inclusions and exclusions)
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017
Program Website: http://internationalinstitutes.stanford.edu
Application Guide & Frequently Asked Questions
This program is currently available to students residing in Cyprus, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Cairo. While priority will be given to students enrolled in Esol Education schools, limited spaces are available for external students, based on merit. All program enrollment decisions will be made by Esol Education School Directors in their respective cities, and will be based on the information provided in the application as well as an in-person interview with the school leadership team.
You will need to prepare electronic copies/scans of the following application materials prior to accessing the online application form:
1. A short essay of up to 750 words outlining why you would like to attend Stanford’s Summer Institute and how you will positively and constructively contribute to the summer program by specifically describing
- Your interests and attitudes toward learning
- Your attitude towards the life and culture of others that may be different from your own, and
- How you demonstrate an active and vocal appreciation for differing view points and perspectives.
2. Two (2) of your best academic work samples – it could be an essay, research paper, project, lab report, presentation or something creative and innovative, that you feel best represents your abilities as a student.
External students will also need to submit:
3. Two (2) Open Teacher Recommendation Letters (the letters should be on official school letterhead)
4. Your report cards for the past 2 years
5. External standardized test scores
All shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a personal interviews at the following Esol Education schools:
- American International School in Cyprus
- American International School in Abu Dhabi
- Universal American School
- American International School in Egypt - West & Main Campus
- Cairo English School
Application Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2017
Apply Now: All applications are accepted only through our online application form.
Download Guide: Download a printable PDF of all the application requirements and enrollment process.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes, in collaboration with Esol Education will create and customize a summer institute schedule that includes advanced content and skills development delivered by Stanford affiliates selected for expertise in their fields, with courses ranging from sciences and engineering to writing and humanities and themes and concepts such as creativity, leadership, design-thinking, problem-solving, and communication.
Students will also be able to visit other college campuses nearby, and get a taste for what college/dorm life is like. Students from all over the world attend Stanford’s Summer Institute. Opportunities for rich intercultural exchanges, collaborating with others who have different backgrounds and beliefs, and making new friends from all over the world will be abundant.
Download sample activity schedule.
All participants should be between 14 and 17 years of age
The course fees are: US$5600
What does the course fee cover?
- Housing at Stanford University
- Dining at Stanford University
- Local Transportation by Stanford University
- Course materials/instructor fees by Stanford University
- Field trips & activity costs arranged by Stanford University
- Chaperone’s costs
What doesn’t it cover?
Your child’s roundtrip flight to and from California
Your child’s visas costs (if any)
Your child’s spending money
Your child’s travel & medical insurance
Esol Education cannot assist with obtaining visas for the course
As required by Stanford University, one (1) representative from Esol Education will be provided as a chaperone for every 20 students attending the program
August 8 - 20, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017
For more information about applying to Stanford Pre-Collegiate International Institutes through Esol Education, please email email@example.com.